Professor Michael Shultz
Professor Shultz came to Dunedin with his family in 2005 having gained medical experience in the U.S., UK and Germany.
He has a special interest in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis) both from a basic and clinical research perspective and is a Primary Investigator for several international pharmaceutical trials mainly concerning liver and intestinal diseases. Together with Margaret Fraser, Hepatitis Specialist Nurse and Christine Ho, IBD nurse specialist Michael provides individualised health care for the entire spectrum of gastrointestinal disorders.
Further areas of expertise:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Coeliac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhea)
- Hepatology (elevated liver function tests, fatty liver, viral hepatitis)
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Small bowel capsule interpretation
- Bravo pH telemetry
- Liver biopsy